Monday, November 19, 2012

Model Spotlight: Tina Sickinger

 (As part of our mission to provide accessories that help women "identify their femininity" IdentiFemi  utilizes real girl models in all of our product shoots. Each model brings a set of skills, experiences, goals, and style preferences that make her amazing! We want to share our amazing models with our customers and blog readers. We are super excited to present our first model spotlight.)
Meet Tina!
Name
Tina Sickinger
Age
20
Relationship Status
Married
If you could do anything with your life or have your dream job what would you do/be?
 I would do something on a global level helping people change behaviors.[Helping people] change to more healthy behaviors and life styles.
Describe your style? What does Tina like to wear?
Tina likes to be comfortable. But that doesn't mean I don’t dress up. I like classy not trashy. But I do like a lot of bright colors.
Is there a particular color you find yourself wearing more than not?
I like pink. I don’t always wear it, [but] I do like pink. People have told me I look good in purple  I don’t know how true that is.
Who is your style icon? Do you have one? 
Not necessarily [a style icon] but I am a really big Beyonce' fan. She’s pretty fierce, but she's also classy.
What does femininity mean to you?
Embracing being a woman, whether that’s as far as style, your curves, or [being] unique. [Doing] different things  with your hair and stuff that guys just don’t do.
Has there ever been a time when your femininity was challenged? 
In high school I wore sweatpants probably everyday, so I would say definitely in high school. It had a lot to do with like some of the activities I played. There was once, [when] we had to do a gender bender day where the girls dressed up as guys. It was interesting.
Since you had to wear sweats [in high school] what helped you develop your own style outside of that?
You still know whats cute and stuff; but I don’t know, that one’s hard.
What are some things that make you feel beautiful? 
Natural is the true definition of beautiful for me. Whether that’s little makeup but natural tones or no makeup. [With] my hair, people tell me that they like it better natural.  Just kind of being yourself I feel like is attractive to anyone.

If you could give advice to your younger self what would you say?
I would have never dyed my hair for sure! But I would say, just be natural. Be who you are, not who you think you should be, or who other girls are trying to be. Especially like in school, girls get caught up in who they are not.
How do you stay confident?
I’m not always confident but I think I've learned  through performing and being in front of people that if you half do something, even talking to people,  then it comes off that way. If you’re not having a legitimate conversation or  speaking to people in a true manner; if you're nervous they know. 
Where do you see yourself in five years and ten years?
In five years I see myself hopefully either out of grad school or through a nursing program and hopefully with a pretty stable job and maybe thinking a baby, at some point.  In ten years definitely children, having a career that I like and not something that’s hard. Hopefully working in Health Education. I’m kind of open though to what comes and what ever falls in line for Brian [my husband].
You know our company is called IdentiFemi and it stands for "identify your femininity." How do you feel like you "identify your femininity" as Tina?
Probably a mixture of being confident, but naturally, and just being who I am
 Thanks for the AWESOME interview Tina!
Stay tuned for our next "model spotlight" on November 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment